If a service request has been completed, National Scout Organizations (NSOs) and National Scout Associations (NSAs) are asked to complete a self-evaluation form. Use the form to outline details of the service and provide feedback, including on key outcomes and impact. Your feedback is crucial in shaping the delivery of future services.
When completing the self-evaluation form, NSOs and NSAs are encouraged to provide the following information:
- Brief summary of the service request
- Reasons why the NSO or NSA requested the service
- Time and duration of the service delivery, including individual stages
Outcomes and supporting information:
- Process to receive the service, including steps taken from yourself, the NSO, and others involved
- Any additional NSO needs that were offered support on during the delivery of the service
- Mention people who supported the delivery of the service
- List any outcomes and changes experienced by the NSO following the delivery of the service
- Specify if any new ways of working that were established
Example: The NSO started preparing for the audit after the GSAT preparation workshop that was conducted in 2018. The NSO organised the corresponding files for each dimension of the GSAT 10 dimensions by relevant personnel. The NSO asked the facilitator for assistance with conducting a self-assessment in [month]. The NSO then scored [--%]. Two days before to the audit, both facilitators came to the NSO to make sure that all the files were present and in place for the audit. The audit took two working days with each dimension covered by relevant staff. The process was swift and at the end of day two, the auditor presented the results to all those involved. On the following day, the Operational Development Director worked with the staff to reflect on the audit process. Here, they also filled in the service evaluation form and draft action plan. The NSO agreed to submit the action plan once they had receive the report.
Testimonials are written by the consultant who delivers a service. They provide a brief summary of experiences. When writing a testimonial, ask yourself: What was it like working with the NSO to deliver this WOSM Service? Did they provide any useful feedback? What was unique about this service?
Example: Although the NSO was reluctant at receiving the audit, the overall experience was enriching as it helped us identify our areas of strength and where we can improve. We worked very well together with the NSO on also identifying next steps for improvement in the coming months.